Tuesday, July 28, 2009

You Have Reached Hell

I was brought out of my glass cell to stand in front of this man and answer questions. I don't remember all of them but I do remember he asked me if I had ever felt like committing suicide and I said with a laugh--well, I'm beginning to! He smiled and didn't say anything. I found out what that smile was for alittle later. I was called out again and told to come to this new room. Once there, this dyke said I was being put on suicide watch and to take off my clothes! I said I had not been serious but no, take your clothes off and stay in this pink cement room with nothing to sit on but the floor. I could not believe these idiots! Oh, there was a guy with gloves on standing in the door--in case I was trouble, I guess. The dyke was making fun of me but yet I was told more than once how seriously they take suicide! BULL! They were enjoying themselves. I was given this velcro thing and a thin pad to sit on the cold floor with. There were no windows and for a toilet there was a grate in the floor! The food which I couldn't tell what most of it was, was brought by 2 guys in a brown tray and sat on the floor. Now I know how dogs and cats feel. It was always cold and the only thing I ate from Sun--Mon afternoon was some watery jello. I wasn't hungry and I still have trouble eating. The guys who brought the food were concerned about me--they kept noting if I had eaten anything. After I ate the jello, one of them said well, as long as there's something in her stomach! I wanted to scream shut up, you idiots! But I didn't know what they would do to me if there was an "outbrust"!

I fell in that cement room three times and finally quit trying to get up. I asked these concerned people to take me to the hospital and guess what? NO ONE CAME! My left leg was numb from sitting on the floor.

I couldn't see a clock or anything, but it felt like I'd been in that hellhole far longer than I was suppose to be! I yelled thru the door asking for someone to help me use the phone. A woman came to the door and I told her I hadn't called anyone and that I couldn't get up. She went to get a wheelchair and an Asian officer who pulled me up by my hand. She pushed me over to the phone that I had heard other people chatting on all day and I asked her what time it was--2 AM! Who the hell would be in an office or even awake??!!

She looked up my husband's aunt and uncle--they're in their 70's and 80's and I woke them out of a sound sleep because I didn't know what else to do! She had a dr's appointment in the morning so I said I'd keep trying one of my cousins. The only number she could find for him was his office. Useless. She asked me if I as thirsty and brought me some water. The first I'd had since I got there. I begged not to be put back in that room, but she said they had to. I asked to be left in the wheelchair. Couldn't.

I felt like telling funny man he could forget about the suicide watch but he better watch for homicidal rage!

There were cameras everywhere and also male guards.

They decided I needed a bath later maybe 'cause I'd peed on myself! They said someone was coming to see me but wouldn't say who it was. I was just glad someone was coming to get me out of this hellhole! Later when I got to check-out, in the wheelchair, I almost broke down when I saw our aunt and uncle. They had come after the dr's appointment. She asked them what I was arrested for and was told public intoxication, to which she said, I didn't drink. No comment from the genius!

I had walked in that special little hell and I left limping on a numb leg and barely able to stay upright! They took the money I had and gave me a check! We had ro locate my car because it wasn't where they had said it would be. I couldn't find my checkbook and had to get someone to take me to the bank the next day--I had to pay cash for my car, $200!

Oh yes, I fell on the steps coming in and smashed my nose. Luckily, it wasn't broken but it sure bled and hurt like the devil! I had to hold onto someone for a couple of days when walking and still do not have normal walking abilities and the leg is still numb. I plan to seek medical care.

I hate the sobs at that place and you don't want to know what I wish for them! I have to go to court Aug 26th, so keep me in your thoughts 'cause I just might go beserk if I have to see them again!

I'm having trouble eating and sleeping and I see them everytime I go out! It was the most humiliating, degrating experience of my life and I will never feel the same way about cops again. Never.

9 comments:

  1. I’m dismayed that no one has posted a comment on this or your post just before this one. Perhaps, like me, they have communicated with you via emails rather than posting a comment here.

    You’re in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, nothing but crickets. Maybe they don't know what to say--I don't know. I'm wondering if I should just retire the blog.

    Thanks for the prayers, Don.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda,
    I'm really sorry to hear that this happened to you. It's always a shame when crap like this happens to good people, but sometimes it does.

    I hope you got yourself a good lawyer. If all they charged you with is public intoxication, getting the case dropped by the D.A. or beating it at trial shouldn't be too hard, provided you can provide medical documentation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, John. I am less than thrilled to be in this situation. I have a lawyer whos suppose to be good, but he's charging $2500! And here I am trying to move plus I went to the ER yesterday and got stuck with needles and x-rayed--that'll be another gigantic bill! You know, when it rains, it pours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I fall into the catagory of "I am not sure what to say"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow. I got your email and you were right about me not seeing this. I haven't been around much lately. I don't know about where you are, but I've heard that some areas use the word 'intoxication' to describe someone they think is under the influence of drugs, as well as alcohol. As for how you were treated, I have no idea what to say other than it sucks! You should never have been treated so miserably. I'll keep you in my prayers and thoughts, regarding both your health and this debacle.

    Hugs,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, Linda. I've been so out of the loop lately, I just now read your posts. I am so sorry, you have been through hell. I have your email address, but in case I can't find it will you please email me? Whatever I can do to help you, I want to.

    God Bless You, you are in my prayers.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. August 26 has come and gone, so I’m wondering what happened in court that day or if the date was changed and I missed it.

    ReplyDelete