Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Arrest Report

That is something I never thought I'd be typing but I did get a copy of it from my lawyer.

This is how "Heather" described me: confused, and not stable on her feet --we were on an incline and she wanted me to do a heel to toe thingy which I tried to explain would be hard to do as a diabetic, but I made an attempt. I was not confused, I was nervous since I had never been told to get out of the car before.

She (me) stated that she had hurt her shoulder but couldn't remember how or when.

I did not say I hurt my shoulder! It was hurting for sure and the dr said it might be bursitis or a pinched nerve.

"Heather" said I couldn't recall the name of the 2 drugs the dr had prescribed. I knew one was an anti-inflamatory and the other was in case that one made me sick to my stomach. There was also a third one. And no, I couldn't tell you what they were without looking on the label!

She said I wasn't aware of what day or time it was! Well hells bells, when did that become a crime? I usually do know what date it is and about what time it is. Depends on what's going on. I do know how to find out! She did her best to make me sound dopey and drugged up.

She said I said I was taking the meds 4 times a day. WRONG! What they don't know is that I always take a smaller dose at first to see if that will do the job. I am not a pill-popper and not fond of taking medication. I had only taken ONE dose before I went to sleep early Sat night. My arm was hurting because I did not have enough medication in me!

Looks like it'll pretty much be my word against hers. I know there was nothing wrong with me other than intense pain with my shoulder. I crossed the center line when I was looking in the rear view mirror to see who was blinding me with their lights!

The court date has been changed to September. I hope I'm not in a basket by then.

(Thanks for the emails!)

5 comments:

  1. If they didn't do a drug test I don't know how they can prove anything. As for not knowing what drugs you were taking, I was given three prescriptions a few weeks ago and I have no idea what they were, I know what they were for, I don't think that's so unusual. I pray you can beat this, Heather sounds like a piece of work. I would think (hope) under the circumstances police would try to help you, not arrest you.

    Hang in there, and keep us posted. Did you get my email? I know you've got tons on your mind but I'm making a few calls and will let you know if I find anything out that could possibly help.

    Julie

    (And I doubt there's a person driving who's never crossed the white line.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Julie! I got your email. I'm behind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There should be some way for an ordinary citizen to charge a law enforcement officer with blinding your vision with their lights through your rear view mirrors because they are following you to closely. Maybe your attorney can advise you about that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A better post might have been:
    There should be some way for an ordinary citizen to charge a law enforcement officer with blinding your vision with their headlights through your rear view mirrors because they are following you too closely. Maybe your attorney can advise you about that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you plan to start blogging again anytime soon?

    ReplyDelete