Saturday, August 23, 2008

I Need a VooDoo Doctor!

Thanks for the email. I Dr.TOMMIEM SMITH and my wife CHRISTIAN SMITH. own the 3br -House and the is still available, and will only be given out to the right person that will take very good care of the place and the facilities.. and i also want you to know that it was due to my transfer that makes me and my wife to leave the house and also want to give it out for rent and looking for a responsible person that can take very good care of it as we are not after the money for the rent but want it to be clean at the time and the person that will rent it to take it as if it were its own. So for now, We are here in west Africa, our new house and also with the keys of the house, we try to look for an agent that we can give this documents before we left but could not see and we are as well as don't want our house to be used any how in our present that is why we took it along with us. I and my wife came over to West Africa for a missionary work, so i hope you will promise us to take very good care of the house.and the house is has a fabulous backporch is inseparable from the relaxed setting of the heavily treed backyard;you will also find a pool is like a diamond glittering in the sun; inside are hand-scraped hardwood floors, travertine paved entry, and real granite counters; So get back to us. on how you could take care of our House or perhaps experience you have in renting home. Hope you are okay with the price of US$700. Well i must let you know that the apartment has a lot of facilities like hydro and heat laundry facilities,air condition, gimming facilities, internet and telephone access and a car park and other necessary facilities. and so on. I am looking forward to hear from you soon,
RENT APPLICATION FORM

1)Your Full Name________________________
2)Current Address_____________________________
3)Phone Number (________)
4)State________________
5)City__________________
6) Zip______________
7)Are you married______________________
8)How many people will be living in the Apartment__________
9)Do you have a pet______________
10)Do you have a car______________________
11)Occupation______________
12)Email Address:_________________
13)How long lease are you looking for______________
14)How soon do you intend moving in________________

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file incase of issuing the receipt for you and contactingyou. Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the key to you, we do not see yet and only putting everything into Gods hand, so please do not let us down in this our property and God bless you more as you do this. Please I want you to check the house at the address and let me know if you would like it, the House is locked and I have the keys.
Thanks and you are welcome

Thanks and God Bless You.
Dr.TOMMIEM SMITH and my wife CHRISTIAN SMITH

This is an email that I got after I emailed someone on craigslist about renting a house that I liked and wasn't far from where we are. If it ever stops raining, I'm going to go to this house and knock on the door and talk to the neighbors and find out what's going on. Sounds like some more Nigerian crapola. I need a good voodoo dr to put a hex on someone!

UPDATE: These weasels are busy! I found another website with similar experience:
http://aspiringtoordinary.blogspot.com/2008/05/update-on-west-africa-house-for-rent.html

4 comments:

  1. YIKES! That's pretty strange. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you didn’t reply to that email and provide the information requested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my male cousins said the same thing, Don, so I'll tell you the same thing I told him--no, I didn't just fall off a turnip truck! ;)
    If you look at the ad on craigslist, there is no indication that your email will go to Africa! I was suspicious of the amount and debated about signing my name and when I got the email, I was kicking myself for that!

    I'm not done with this, yet. Julie! I've already marked it as spam on craigslist but I'm not done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm almost think if you're dumb enough to fall for this stuff, you deserve what you get.

    ReplyDelete