Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Go Away Fay!

Are you getting your share of rain from the storm called Fay? I ask 'cause it sure seems like we're getting more than our share! Our power was off for about half a night Sat-Sun and we discovered that we were out of candles, matches and our rechargeable light didn't want to work! We were stuck with a flashlight with weak batteries and the weather radio.  Better than nothing but a pain nonetheless!

The phone doesn't work without power and I lost my cell phone so we dug out a rotary phone to call the power company.  We are the only ones on this line so I knew it wouldn't be reported otherwise.  At daylight I attempted to call the operator with the thought that she could connect me with AP. HA-HA I barely got out what the problem was before she disconnected me with a I'll connect you to 411. This happened 5 times before I gave up with the urge to do bodily harm to the operator!

After I tried dialing the AP number and it not working, I gave up. Finally, my son got the number to ring and we got it reported! Could've been worse, I know. But it sure was aggravating!

1 comment:

  1. Mercy, Linda, you sure seem to have more than a fair share of difficulties.

    Since Fay came to visit here my rain gauge has collected 9 inches of rain and my garden is a muddy bog. Yesterday afternoon I put on rubber boots and went out there to gather okra because it hadn’t been done in a couple of days and I literally got stuck in the mud several times but I managed to escape with about 50 pods of okra.

    At least we didn't have any power outages but my pool will filled with leaves and other debris and there's a lot of cleaning up to do around the yard.

    ReplyDelete