Friday, August 1, 2008

Dick Cheney 'n the Hood

We have company. I guess I should say SOME people are having an expensive lunch with the VP today.  I wonder what's on the menu? I'd want something really special for those prices! I believe they start at $500 and go WAY up!

They had to come thru our neighborhood to get to where they were going and that's always interesting. President Bush went up the hill where we live to get into the state park several years ago. Caused all sorts of excitement! Cops came by the day before and wanted to know who lived here and did we expect company.  They looked in the mailboxes and left them open. If they did anything else, I've forgotten. The day he drove by, I was in my yard with my neighbor about 10 ft away.

Today, I was wondering why the cop was looking in our mailboxes and then he and another cop blocked traffic on our street and the one across the road.  A helicopter flew over so low, you could read it and not long after it looked like a stampede of cop cars and motorbikes!--who were almost riding sideways! Must have been every motorbike in stock and they were showing off, too! More cars than you could count. The stinky cop that gave me a ticket was most likely in there somewhere! And at the very end, with lights flashing....an ambulance for the heart guy!

They held the traffic for a good ten minutes before they turned them loose. There were no riots.

Update: About 40 minutes to an hour later---Cheney has left the 'hood!

I hope he doesn't get indigestion from eating so fast! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Without my saying so Linda, you probably are aware that you and every other taxpayer in the USA paid for your hood’s entertainment, inconvenience, or both. If these Ivory Tower folks need so many precautions in order to protect themselves I wish they would just stay home.

    ReplyDelete