Monday, July 28, 2008

Noodlin'

I found myself watching a show that I just couldn't turn away from yesterday. I wanted to--it was awful--but I couldn't believe what I was seeing!

Men going in rivers, lakes, any water they thought they could find huge catfish in and catching them with their hands--literally! They were in muddy water, putting their hands under trees, whatever, hoping a huge catfish would latch onto their hands! Gross! I wouldn't even put my hand in that kind of water, much less feel around on the bottom for a fish! Of course, they could also find snakes, turtles and other things that bite first! And they were proud of the scars from being bitten by the huge catfish! These crazy guys were excited about the process! The women (NOT in the water) not so much! Well, it's good for kids to have one sane parent! The guys said catching one gave them a rush--I wonder how the guy who was bitten by the copperhead felt! Alittle more than whoops!

There are other dangers, too. Old roads now underwater that fall apart and trap people until they drown. This was going on in OK but it most likely goes on all over the US.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting to watch, either on TV or live, but no way I can do it. I have to poke everything with a stick to make sure no nasty creepy crawlies are in there first.

    It chases the fish away too.

    ReplyDelete