Thursday, February 7, 2008

One Week, Sweethearts!

Valentine's Day--I hope you've got the wheels turning, trying to come up with something sweet and thoughtful for your sweeties! Anything from cooking dinner to buying some jewelry!

I have been busy getting boxes ready to send to deployed soldiers. I've already sent 3 but I have a few more, plus relatives that live out of town! I think Little Debbie should be paying me! That isn't all I'm sending but I'm sending a lot of it! Maj B requested some sugar in little packs and I finally found some at the grocery store. There's a soldier who was in Afghanistan in 2004 who just landed in Iraq. A soldier with the same last name but spelled differently and several others, some from Alabama. And, of course, JP and the Bad VooDoo platoon. I would like to do more but this is about all I can handle! I did have a brainstorm while in the store when I walked by the boxer shorts for Valentine's! How funny would it be to send enough for the entire platoon?! HA Yeah, bur I quickly realized that would be too expensive! Would be fun to put a smile on their faces, though! Thank goodness for the flat rate boxes but sometimes there are things that won't fit! I'm going to have to buy a couple of boxes for some larger things. Hopefully, I'll have most of them mailed by Monday. So, get a move on it out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment