Thursday, January 31, 2008

Short Version

Today's visit to the eye clinic was shorter than usual.  They wanted to do some lazer on my left eye but I'll need a driver with me, so that was put off for a couple of weeks. I was told that it wouldn't be as bad as the first lazer I had--I sure hope not!  It makes me nervous to have them fool with the eye that I more or less depend on, but she said it has fluid (veins leaking blood) inside that is causing swelling and it won't get better on it's own! Damnation! Caught between a rock and a hard place!

They took pictures of both eyes with the computer and she showed me the difference between those and the ones made in Nov. I could only tell because she pointed them out. They look nothing like eyes--more like flat graphs! It is amazing what science can do! You look at a blinking light while another goes corner to corner and takes a picture of what's going on inside your eye! And then it prints them out in a very colorful graph. The shot is suppose to still be good for a couple of months yet. Thank goodness for that! I felt like I could see alittle better on the way home. Might've been the cloudy day.

I got to stop using the 3 different kinds of drops I've been using daily since the surgery in Aug. My nose and forehead had been hurting and I felt like it was from the drops. One was to dialate my eye (2x a day), a steroid about every hour and another 4x a day. I looked one of them up on the internet and it said some side effects were headaches, pain in the eye, dizziness and other things. I'm just glad to leave them off!

I'll have to gear myself up for the lazer and pray that it does its job! That or look for a seeing-eye dog! (I hope that's a joke!)

1 comment:

  1. You're one step closer. No doubt the Eye Foundation knows your eyes "inside and out", I'm sure they're on the right track. Good news about the eye drops, I know that was a hassle for you.

    Keep us posted.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete