Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Poopy Day

And it didn't even include the eye clinic! That comes tomorrow!

I got a ticket Thanksgiving week-end and meant to pay it before it was due. Oh yeah, there were 5 Hoover cop cars at the Shell Station at hwy 280 and 119. But they weren't out just to write tickets--oh no! I thought the ticket was due on the 31st and I knew I'd have to go to the bank because you can't write a check at the police station. I got it out today and looked and it said the 29th, as in yesterday! I went by the bank and went by there and was told since I'd missed the court date, the judge had issued a warrant for me!! Then it got better--I could pay $100 to have the warrant removed and then pay the ticket which is another $100! Trust me, it took ALL I had to stay composed! Because I missed it half a day ago--not a few days or a week--a bloody half a day!

You don't want to know what kind of thoughts I was having!!

It's very dark out here with few street lights and I have to be very careful. I have missed the turn for our street a few times (blinded by car lights)  since the eye problem and have almost missed the road and ended up on the shoulder a couple of times. It's a pretty high traffic area, so it makes me nervous. I put my turn signal on so as to give the people behind me plenty of notice--it's a favorite place for wrecks. But you know, some people can't stand the stillness for 2 or 3 minutes while you turn! There's usually traffic coming the other way, too! So tonight, when I turned,  the JERK behind me felt the need to blow his car horn and I returned the favor! He's lucky I didn't chase him down! heh

It's just been a lovely day--after looking thru the paper for rentals and worrying about that and worrying about my eye, etc! I need to go s-c-r-e-a-m!

Later:

I went to get some food and just as I was getting back to where I turn, I started seeing a blinking red light and realized some nitwit was on a bike! Bad enough in the datyime--but at night?! Somebody has a death wish!

1 comment:

  1. I just got a ticket as well. First ever. Friggin' Hillesville, VA. Friggin' common wealth! Pretty roads though (making ya just about have to speed).

    I sure hope (and pray) your days get better than they have been!

    ReplyDelete