Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Movie

Guess what's showing at the Alabama Theatre this week-end? The best movie ever made---Gone With The Wind! If you haven't seen it on a large screen, you haven't really seen it! I thought I was going with my cousin, but my eye surgery got scheduled for Fri, so I don't know if I'll feel like going! Frankly, my dear...I do give a damn! This is a yearly showing so it'll be a long wait for the next one!

If you go to their home page you can do a virtual tour!

http://www.alabamatheatre.com/

There's even an organ for before the movie!

I had some pictures saved for this but when the laptop took a nap, they were gone! I might look around and see what I can find. Hold that thought!


Click to Enlarge

3 comments:

  1. Good luck tomorrow. Let us know how it went as soon as you can.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, the first time I saw Gone With the Wind it was playing at the Ritz Theater in downtown Birmingham. The Ritz was on 2nd Avenue a block or so away from the Alabama. That was a long time ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't grow up in B'ham, but I remember The Ritz--just not if I went there! I don't remember the first time I saw GWTW. Sacrilege, I know! I'm glad they saved a few of the old movie theatres.

    ReplyDelete