Thursday, July 12, 2007

Cure for Adultry?

In Iran, a man imprisoned for 11 years for the crime of adultery
has been stoned to death! The woman is still imprisoned. The usual method for a man is to be buried up to his waist and the woman is usually buried up to her neck with her hands also buried! Stones and rocks are thrown until death is achieved!

In the past years, Iran's reformist legislators demanded an end to death by stoning as a punishment for adultery, but opposition from hard-line clerics sidelined their efforts.

Capital offenses in Iran include murder, rape, armed robbery, apostasy, blasphemy, serious drug trafficking, adultery or prostitution, treason and espionage.

Ye gads!

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad the Shah was still in power when I was in Iran or else I might not be here now because ......................................

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I think one rock to the head would make me repent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don, is this a confession?

    Dlok, how about the 11 yrs in prison?! I'd like to know more about this story--who they were, etc. They had to know the punishment. Hard to believe things like this go on in this century!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is hard to believe this kind of barbaric practice still takes place in the world. How any woman would ever want to live in a Middle Eastern country is beyond me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, maybe it's confession, or maybe it is just sweet memories of a certain lady I knew
    very well in Iran. I wish I knew how to contact her after all the years since I was there to
    find out if she is still alive after the mullahs took over. They may have stoned her to death
    if they learned about our relationship.

    Does that answer your question? If not, I could tell you more perhaps via a personal email, but not here in public.

    ReplyDelete