Wednesday, May 23, 2007

NJ Mom Has Twins at 60!

No, that isn't a typo! My question is WHY?

A psychologist (?) and her attorney husband who've been married for over 30 yrs and have 3 other kids went to Cape Town, South Africa, last year to a center that specializes in older mothers and had in vitro fertilization. She said she wanted her 6 yr old son to have siblings closer to his age! I guess this thought didn't occur to them years ago?? She had the twins by c-section and they each weighed 4# 11 ozs. They also have a son, 33 and a 29 yr old daughter. The daughter was quoted as saying she didn't know what her mother was thinking! Me neither!

I'm sorry but this boggles my mind! They should go back and interview her again when the twins are two--if she's still around! heh Yeah, that was ugly. Somebody smack my hand!

2 comments:

  1. Heh.
    They should interview her when they're 14...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, I'm a strong pro-lifer but I'm with you why????

    Also, I have a friend who had a baby at 48 and it hasn't been that great a picture for me. She is too tired, she has her other kids share a lot of the load, her marriage isn't in good enough shape to have done it and she has way too laid back of an attitude towards what she lets the kid do and just kind of expects others to pick up the slack. If thats the picture of a mom at 48 I shudder to think of a 60 yr. old mom of twins.

    ReplyDelete