Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Alabama Theatre

The Showplace of the South will be showing old favorites thru August on the week-ends, I am looking forward to my favorite, Gone With the Wind, in July. If you haven't seen it on a large screen, you really haven't seen it! Check their online schedule and you may find one you want to see.

I'm not sure if the organ will be played all summer, but that is a treat when they do!

I came up to see a couple of cowboys who made personal appearances there, also went on a few dates and even went with my husband, too, so even though I didn't grow up in Birmingham, I have a long history with the Alabama!

http://www.alabamatheatre.com/

Don't ask me how I managed this! I was fixing a couple of typos and this happened---the only way I know to fix it is to delete and start over, which I'm not going to do at this moment! Bloody computers!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this! I do remember all those visits to the Alabama Theatre. Didn't think much about it at the time but now I realize how special it was (is). Mom would drop us off, tickets 50 cents, most of the time we'd take our own popcorn in. Those were some fine ole days, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete