Wednesday, March 18, 2009

If a tree falls....

Last week-end, we had a whole lotta rain! Not for 40 days but all week-end with only a little let up on Sunday. At the end of 2 days worth, we heard the loud noise that sounded like some weird thunder--even though we had not been having any before. My son said it might've been a tree and I agreed. We have a forest behind us and we've heard a tree or two fall since we've lived here but it's been awhile! We turned on the outside lights but with all the rain, we couldn't see much. The next day it was still raining and very cloudy and we still couldn't see much. The sun finally came out on Tues and we saw that there was indeed a new tree laying on the floor of the forest. It wasn't as big as it sounded--it shook the ground. Just glad it was far enough away that we weren't in danger. I've always been afraid that the huge tree that is closest to us might decide to fall and ruin our day..and week.  Actually, it could be deadly.

I've been looking at houses online for the past few months and may I say--I'm sick of it! If you're trying to sell your house, why don't you put pictures up so people know what it looks like? I'm not ready to talk to agents, yet, so when a house doesn't have pictures posted I don't look at it any more. I have never seen so many dark, dark red rooms. Is there anything you can paint over that that it wouldn't show through? And who wants to move and then paint? Not me!

If I sound like a crazy person, I may be! I'd like to get this move over and I'd very much like for my foot to heal!!

4 comments:

  1. Whether or not you get to move, or when, your foot’s healing is in my daily prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been thinking about ya, I do pray for your healing as well. Good luck on the house hunting. It can be a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad the tree did not decide to fall on your house and ruin your weekend. What a horror that would be. I also know your pain on house hunting. Come on, is one picture going to ruin your sales strategy? And as far as paint goes, I think buyers have enough leverage in this market to get sellers to repaint the house in the buyers preference.

    ReplyDelete