Thursday, July 17, 2008

All-Star Game

It was fun to see all the retired baseball players at the All-Star game Tuesday night. Willie Mays seemed upset and it made me wonder if he has some sort of dementia.

Why was I interested? I iike baseball. I'm not nutty about it, but I like it.

In 1998, I won a trip to the All-Star game. Actually, we were suppose to go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, then the game. We were arguing and got to the airport with the plane still attached to the airport, but we were downstairs and they wouldn't hold it for us. So no Rock and Roll. We flew in  and there were all sorts of entertaining going on. From the players hitting balls in the stands, to the Budweiser horses in all their beauty!

We got to see Mark Mcguire and Cal Ripen play. We spent the night in Cleveland and flew to Pittsburgh the next day, rented a car and drove to Cooperstown to see the Baseball Hall of Fame.  Very interesting and fun!

We spent the night in a bed and breakfast and flew home the next day.

2 comments:

  1. “From the players hitting balls in the stands”

    Geez, I’m glad I wasn’t in the stands! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was one section and the people were trying to catch them. Looked a little dangerous to me--I imagine it stung!

    ReplyDelete