Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Don't Pick at Ze Boo-boos

I had a little scare this afternoon. My foot has been inflamed for awhile and my leg was hurting so badly, it hurt to walk. My foot was inflamed from my picking at it. A big no-no for a diabetic and I knew that! It was sorta like a sunburn that you start peeling. Except diabetics can lose feet or other digits doing that!

Anyway, the doctor got all excited and started talking about putting me in the hospital so I could get some anti-biotics in an IV. First, she checked my white cell count and blood sugar. The white cell count was borderline, so she decided to give me a shot and a presp for 2 anti-biotics to take and have me come back in a day or so.  That was a much better plan, I thought! I got a shot in my hip and the doctor wanted to know if I was okay--she wondered if I might pass out. I assured her I was okay but she wanted me to lie down on the table for awhile. She told the nurse to let the table down and she tried two levels and all of a sudden it went all the way down and scared me!

My leg already feels better and I feel sure my foot will, too, after a few days. Let that be a lesson to you--picking at ze boo-boos can be expensive!

Not to mention scary!

2 comments:

  1. Linda!!! You know better. Glad things are improving. (I really should not scold. I am the poster child for doing what ought not be done and not doing what ought to be done)

    Take care :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I know! Dummy, dummy--I'm a dummy! I hated having to admit I did that! The pills I'm taking could choke a horse and they make me queasy and dizzy sometimes!

    ReplyDelete