Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Dresses

Every Easter I am reminded of all the pretty dresses my mother made for me and my sisters. I think this is one at around the age of 5. While I am grateful that she had our pictures made every year, I wish she had put a date on the back of them! I remember the shoes that hurt my feet and the dresses that were scratchy! After church we usually went to my grandmother's when she was living for a family dinner with aunts, incles and cousins. Afterwards there was an egg hunt with lots of places to hide them! Later, I would go with my cousins to their cousins for dinner and an egg hunt. So I looked forward to Easter almost as much as Christmas because of the family time.

I didn't particularly like the fittings for the dresses but they were really beautiful when finished! It doesn't show up that well in the photograph, but she made flowers out of ribbon around the bottom! I don't know what kind of torture I went through to get my straight hair to look curly!

I hope your Easter is a happy one and if you make pictures, don't forget to put a date on the back!

3 comments:

  1. Linda, What a beautiful picture! Thanks for sharing and have a Blessed Easter Day.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome picture. :)
    Happy Easter Linda!

    ReplyDelete