Thursday, January 10, 2008

Fever

Can you hear Peggy Lee singing.....you give me fever? Well, I don't know what's giving me fever!

Have you bought a thermometer lately? We used to have several around. The one I liked the most was a strip that you stuck on your forehead. Simple and direct. It isn't hard to tell when you have a temp---you're hot! During the past week I haven't felt too perky and it dawned on me that I felt like I had a low-grade temp. I started thinking about a thermometer to prove myself right. Problem? No thermometer around.  Yeah, I'm clever that way! heh  So that meant going in search of one at Wally World. I found the thermometer section after asking for help---hey, I'm not feeling perky! Bro-ther! They have alot of fever dedectors! The cheapest one was $7.  Most of them were UP! The thermometers have been invaded by electronics! I don't know what the ones that cost over $7 do because I got the $7 one! All I wanted to find out was if I had temp and what it was! Sounds simple, doesn't it? HA You should see the instructions! About 3 feet of small print! It has an off/on button, it beeps 2 times for this and 3 times for somethhing else! I gave the instructions to my son and asked him to decipher them. I tried putting it in my mouth and it looked like it was reading around 98. something....after the beep. Oh, and it saves the temp for you, too.

I remembered that I'd taken tylenol so it most likely wasn't accurate! At the doctor's office, the tech put a fever stick in my ear and it beeped that I did have a slight fever! A-ha, I was right! What did the doctor say? Oh, that's nothing to be concerned about! Excuse me but I don't usually have fever! I have a small cut on the bottom of my foot that I didn't put anything on because it took awhile to get the bleeding to stop and I just forgot. When you're diabetic, you have to be super careful about things like that. The doctor gave me some anti-biotics that are horse sized and some topical ointement that I haven't had filled yet. Waiting out the tornado weather!

I'm not sure what's wrong but I've had pain in my head with some other things--no signs of a cold or cough for about a week. My diabetic med is not agreeing with my internal system so I don't know if that has anything to do wiith it or not.  I called the ER at the Eye Clinic to be sure there was no connection.  I talked to one of the doctors and she said the eye didn't sound like it was causing it. But she also gave me alittle pep talk about coming in to have my other eye worked on, 'cause my eye was just going to continue to swell and get worse! Damn! Nothing like pressure! I wish I could show them what it looks like from this side!

I turned down something for pain, but I may go back!

6 comments:

  1. Hey, you didn't get the... oh, you know..... the one kind did you? And why in the hell am I not in your blog roll?!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you speaking in tongues--I don't know what you're talking about!

    And as for why you aren't on my blogroll....you were until the laptop died and kept dying every few weeks and you weren't blogging! I still haven't added people back. And if memory serves me, I wasn't on your blogroll either, big foot! You don't know what you've missed and I'm not going to tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've had a rough couple of days! When are you going to get that eye checked?

    That was some hellacious weather last night. Glad to see you made it through OK. Now, when are you going to get that eye checked? :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really gets your attention when the weather guy is mentioning the area you're in! We need the rain but I wish we could get it in a less violent way!

    Oh good, someone else to nag me about my eye! ;) I have to work up the courage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The triple "Sss" commenter may have meant a rectal thermometer.

    I hope you're feeling better by now. I've been busy and not visiting as often as I'd like to. :-)

    ReplyDelete