Sunday, January 13, 2008

Don't Tip Yourself

Remember I said we went out to eat with some friends alittle over a week ago? We split our ticket and I paid in cash and our friend put his on his card, including the tip.  He has a habit of checking his bill later on. He was very surprised to find $13 had been added to the bill when he checked it! The waiter kept saying that he had just started working there and we kept saying it was okay---but it isn't okay to help your self to someone else's money.  We had both given him a tip and I guess he wanted more. It made our friend mad and he went back to the restaurant for the $13. They were nice about it and even gave him the money for the food back. The waiter wasn't there.

When you use a card for your meal, do you check to see if the right amount is on the card or do you pay the bill without looking?

3 comments:

  1. I always look, And I think I would have told them Icould wait around until the butthead showed up for work so I could "confront" him personally for stealing money from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always check that stuff...not because I think they might be dishonest, but mostly because they are most times inept in running the little box with all the numbers on it....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't just check the total on your bill if you pay with plastic. Before you put that card back in your wallet, check to make sure it's yours. It's been reported that some crooks will return a similar card that was stolen and then use yours to run up huge bills with it.

    ReplyDelete