Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Desparately Seeking Vision ;)

When I went to the eye clinic today I thought I would be getting a check-up on my right eye to be sure there was no infection or pressure problem. Silly me! Both eyes were super dilated with 5 different drops and three drs were prying my eyes open!

The drs said they could see slight improvement in the right eye and I did alittle better on the eye chart! Yay! Small but good! They said to give it about a month.

They said there was fluid in my left eye and it needed lazer surgery and a shot. Goody. They want me to come back in 3 weeks for that. We'll see.

I think I may have hurt or insulted the dr that gave me the shot. I jokingly asked him when he came in if he had any needles. He said it wasn't so bad, was it? I told him the q-tip in the eye was worse than the shot and he just looked at me. (Trust me, the q-tip was very uncomfortable!) He started to say he'd done it alot and no one had complained. Maybe they didn't want to hurt his feelings! He went on to compare it to a colonostophy and other procedures and I felt like saying okay, I get it. Necessary evils! He said he could give me a valium if I needed it but he usually doesn't have to. Was he calling me a wimp? I was so tempted to mention the fact that I'd had 2 kids, one by c-section so I've had my share of needles, pain, etc,  but I didn't. Touchy, touchy!

I found out alittle info on Dr India. She spelled her name but I'm not going to list in for google to capture it! The tech said she was like a super smart student and is 6 yrs younger than the other drs, sweet but immature. She seems to have adopted me as her patient. If she gets too blunt again, I might have to give her a clue!

Driving home was a nightmare with the sun blinding me at times! And just before I was home the car started shaking! I have no idea what is wrong with it but was glad to make it home!

3 comments:

  1. What an ordeal!! Praying for healing!

    Gave you some linky love today :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dee! I appreciate the thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like another day at the office! As I 've said before, you're a trooper, keep hangin' in there. Glad to hear you did get some good news about your right eye, it's a start.

    I'm praying for you.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete