Friday, November 23, 2007

Two in One

If you've read more than a couple of my posts, I think you know that I am very fond of kitty cats---all animals, really. So when I saw the headline that said, " Cat Has Two Faces." I was just alittle doubtful! Until I read the article and saw the pictures, then I was alittle upset. Now that I'm sort of used to the picture it doesn't seem quite as bad. Of course, it is for the kitty but his owner is taking care of him and he's now 9 mos old.

This is a description of Lil Bit:

Lil'Bit had four eyes when he was born, although the two middle eyes are on the point of merging, two mouths, two noses, but just two ears. And vets believe the cat may actually have two brains as one face can go to sleep while the other remains awake. If Lil'Bit gets a cold, the nose on only one of her faces will run

'The amazing thing to watch is that one of Lil'Bit's faces can be asleep while the other one is awake. I have also seen him sneeze out of one side and not the other and blink on one side of his face but not the other.

'And when he purrs it is like he is purring in stereo.

'We haven't had any X-rays done or operations under anaesthesia because I think that could upset Lil'Bit. But the vet seems to think there is a good chance there are two brains operating here. It seems logical as she breathes out of both mouths and noses.

He has trouble walking and the owner is using diapers for premature babies at the moment. Sounds like a dedicated owner! They live in AZ but want to remain anonymous so they aren't bothered by phone calls and people wanting to come by to see Lil Bit.

It'll be interesting to see if anything can be done to help him. The family say they all love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment