Sunday, September 30, 2007

The War on PBS

If you're not watching The War on PBS, you're missing a very interesting and informative show. It's a Ken Burns documentary about WW II, that began last week and will go on for about 8 weeks, I think. I suggest looking it up in your tv schedule. It comes on here at 7 pm and lasts until 9 and then comes on again later. You can also find info online: http://www.pbs.org/greatwar/

They've interviewed some of the people who were directly involved--some have never talked about the war until now! The loss of so many soldiers through careless planning, and maybe just ignorance, breaks your heart!

I was surprised tonight to hear the name of a professor who taught at the college I went to, Dr Eugene Sledge. I didn't have a class with him but I remember hearing people talk favorably
about him.

Tonight's show will be the Battle of the Bulge.

No comments:

Post a Comment