Friday, August 17, 2007

Today

It's 10:30 and I'm hungry! Nothing was said about not eating but I assume if they're going to put me to sleep, I shouldn't. I wouldn't want to get there and be told they couldn't do it 'cause I ate something! I have to be there at 12:00 and won't see a dr until 1:00, so this is just a taste of how hungry I'll be by then! My cousin just called to say she was on her way so I guess this (eye surgery) is really going to happen! Say alittle prayer that it goes well and I don't have to see what's in my eye anymore. Later.

Update: Well, the mystery of why nothing was said about not eating has been solved--no surgery today!! Both my cousin and myself understood them to say surgery was today..but no, the retina dr looked at my eyes today! Would you believe me if I told you I AM SICK OF HAVING MY EYES DIALATED??! Oh yes, I am! The next person who says "I need to put some drops in your eyes" could be in for a rude surprise! He said I have the beginning of a cataract and he wants to remove it and the blood in my eye and put a clear lens in on the 23rd. He said the retina was not detacted, so that's good. I did some lab work today so we'll be that much ahead.
My gut feeling was that something was not right but I ignored it! So, I'll have to worry alittle more about all this before it's over but hopefully after the 23rd, I can exhale!
Excuse me--I think I hear some strawberries and sugar-free cool whip calling my name!

6 comments:

  1. Your prayer request is being honored. Best wishes!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Don. Hold that thought! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just checking up on you! :) Keeping you at the top of the list...along with JP and the gang.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, SK. I feel special! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, The prayers were there for you. I know you thought it would be all over by now. I think I'll add a little addendum to the prayer. I will pray you actually have the surgery and that everything works out fine.

    Since you didn't have the surgery, are you going to see Gone With the Wind? That would be some consolation :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Julie! We were so excited that we had a date for surgery, we didn't discuss GWTW! I may call her tomorrow--she has to move her daughter from one dorm to another, so she may be too pooped!

    ReplyDelete