Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Thursday at Eye Clinic

I hope this will be me on Thursday. That's when the eye surgery is scheduled and I don't want to see or feel anything! If I let myself think about it, I start getting very nervous! I have never been able to look at that type of surgery on tv. Well, I can't look at much of any type of surgery, but especially eye surgery! I know my eye will have one of those gizmos in it to keep it open--but I don't wanna see!

I looked at the dos and don'ts booklet today and it said not to wear makeup or nail polish. I don't wear a lot of makeup but it's going to feel funny without it! Won't take long to get ready, I guess. No eating or drinking after 12. I had some strawberries and sugar-free cool whip tonight for just that reason! No swallowing water when brushing your teeth! Good grief! Loose clothing. Maybe I should just go in my nightgown. I'm probably going to end up in a hospital gown and one of those silly hats! No taking regular medicine.

I hope I don't feel like a ton of bricks fell on me when it's over! And I hope I can see much clearer! Just to be on the safe side, I'll most likely go home with my cousin when it's over for a day. My cousin has been so sweet about driving the hour it takes to get here and staying during the hours it seems to take to examine my eyes! And I hope I don't hear anyone say, I need to put some drops in your eyes for. a . very. long . time!

UPDATE: Okay, it's official. We have a time to be there. 10:00 in the morning. I think my stomach just became a huge knot! Yikes!

Thurs 7:55 -- I am hungry! And I can't even have water! Rats. I am more than ready for this to be over.

6 comments:

  1. This time tomorrow it will be over, just keep thinking about it that way. I'm sending many prayers your way.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. All should be over by now... and I'm hoping you are starting to feel much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thnks, Julie. It turned intoi an ali day advnture?!Pls overlook spelling! Everyone was real nice-even the guy that put the IV in my hand Ouch Surgery was longer than I thought it would be, about 2 and a half hours. My cousin told me she wished she had brought her camera! Yeah right! We have to go in tomorrow so he can look at my eye and take the patch off. I'll give the gory details eventually!


    The saddest part of today was taking my kitty to be put down and not being able to stay with him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Lilo. I appreciate the thought! I don't feel bad, just wobbly. I'm having double vision without the patch--most likely from a block that was used to keep my eye from moving during surgery. I have about 4 different drops to use, so hopefully it will clear up with time. They said my eye looked good and has no blood in it. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda,

    I'm happy it's over for you. I'm sure the double vision will improve, just don't attempt to drive through malfunction junction for the next couple of days...

    I am so very sorry about your cat. Don't worry about not being with him, you did the right thing and God was there in your place. Your heart was with him and that's what matters. I've been there and I understand.

    Take care of yourself and keep us "posted".

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Julie. I decided to take him a couple of days before but I couldn't find him during the day. He would show up after dark, barely able to walk and just pitiful-looking. He would stay on the deck at night, but disappear each morning. I knew after surgery this would not be a good thing to be involved with, so when he was still around the morning of my surgery, I knew it had to be done then. I just hate that I had to leave him. I also knew I couldn't let myself get upset because of my eye, so I haven't. I've just said poor little man about a hundred times. He was a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete