Saturday, May 26, 2007

Happy Birthday, Pilgrim

Some things cannot be improved on or replaced. I think that is a very good description of John Wayne. He sure left an empty pair of boots! Too many movies to choose a favorite.

Some quotes from the Duke:

"IF IT HADN'T BEEN FOR FOOTBALL AND THE FACT I GOT MY LEG BROKE AND HAD TO GO INTO THE MOVIES TO EAT, WHY, WHO KNOWS, I MIGHTA TURNED OUT TO BE A LIBERAL DEMOCRAT."

Life is hard, it's harder if you're stupid.

Talk low, talk slow and don't say too much.

If you've got them by their balls, their hearts and minds will follow.

Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway.

I love cowboys!

H/T: Fiddle Dee Dee

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, The Duke.
    He's my favorite all-time actor.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them."

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was one-of-a-kind! So many great quotes and movies!

    Ditto on the thanks!

    ReplyDelete