Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter


This is from a past Easter at our house. I hope you have a Happy Easter with your family.

Easter was always fun for the little people! There was always some uncomfortable new clothes and shoes to wear to church and usually you weren't allowed to eat any candy from your Easter basket until after Easter dinner. Torture! The fun part was getting out of the new clothes and shoes and going on an egg hunt! We usually went to my grandmother's where there were lots of places to hide eggs and LOTS of eggs! (I can't believe how many eggs we ate and lived!) And sometimes I went to my cousin's cousin's (Different side of the family--shut up!) where there was another large egg hunt and several "special" eggs that you got money if you found them! Fun!

My mother was amazing with a sewing machine and my sisters and I had beautiful Easter dresses every year. I didn't like all the fittings and really didn't fully appreciate all the work that went into them.

Guess who never learned to sew?!

Have fun out there trying to remember where you hid all the eggs!

2 comments:

  1. If you have any leftover "special eggs", I can take them off your hands! ;)

    Hope you and yours have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, jimmyb! When you're small, $5 eggs seem very special! heh

    ReplyDelete