Monday, January 29, 2007

Happy Birthday!

Sixty-two years ago, the world was BLESSED with the birth of William Thomas Selleck! A 6'4" complete package! Not only looks but conservative thinking, as well. Looking at him..well, it makes my heart sing! I know it's wrong to covet someone's husband, but, dang!

One of my favorite things to see him wear on his hit tv show, Magnum P. I., was the white Naval uniform--has it ever looked that good on any human before? I think not!

Now I read that Magnum P. I. is going to be a film and they (whoever they are) think Tom's too old! WHAT??? Rumored to be considered for the title role: George Clooney-looney, Vince Vaughn and (help me, Lizbeth!) Ben Affleck! Oh Dear Lord, is there no justice in the world? Tom may have a small role--a small role in something that is only still around because of him!

I have to go lie down for awhile..but Happy Birthday, big guy. No one can fill your shoes..or anything else!

13 comments:

  1. [...] Frankly, my dear…. celebrates Tom Selleck's birthday. [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... I'm not a woman, so I can't testify as to the swoon-factor, but if I had a genie in a magic bottle, and could choose which actor I would look like, he's one of the 2 I'd have to decide between.

    While I loved the Magnum PI series, I really think Tom excelled with his western movies he's made since then. "Crossfire Trail" is an EXCELLENT western movie. Great cast. Stunning scenery (shot in the Canadian Rockies). He also did "Quigley Down Under" and 1-2 more I think. As far as I'm concerned, he would be the ideal replacement for the "John Wayne" role in a movie. He's talented. Better looking than the Duke, and he's still a name that draws (remember his stint on "Friends").

    Happy Birthday, Tom!

    6pence
    .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for coming by and leaving a comment! I, too, think Tom is great in westerns. And if he is too old to be Magnum, then Harrison is too old to be Indy! Sixty is the new 40, you know! heh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the Blogsphere and Happy Birthday Tom! MAy you receive another kiss from Kevin Kline (In and Out)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and welcome to the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Sixty is the new 40, you know!"

    I hope that means that 40 is the new 20. I'd really like to relive my 20s.

    ReplyDelete
  7. DLok, you're a bad boy! But thanks for the welcome.

    Thanks, John. Are you sure you have the stamina to relive your 20's? heh

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know, but I'm willing to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Be happy with what you have, John! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. If Tom Selleck's too old to play Magnum, frak it! I will refuse to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's right! Who wants to see a pretender when the real deal is still around!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tom Selleck? You're kidding. He's too furry, no?

    ReplyDelete
  13. No, I'm not kidding! In my eyes, he's the total package! And the hairy chest works on him! ;)

    ReplyDelete